Full Stack Web Developer (Contract)
Vermilion is a full-service design and digital agency located in Boulder, Colorado. As a Certified B Corporation and Public Benefit Corporation, we are dedicated to working with clients who make a positive impact in our world. We offer a wide spectrum of services to purpose-driven organizations in natural products, social impact, and education verticals. Let’s grow the good.
We are cultivating a network of talented contractors to be part of a web development support team on an as-needed basis. We are open to remote candidates for this contract role.
As an independent contractor, you will be responsible for setting your own schedule to meet deadlines, providing your own equipment & software, estimating costs, and invoicing as per the terms of your contractor agreement.
You will work in collaboration with our in-house UX, design, and digital marketing team, and designers to build and maintain websites for our clients. A large portion of our work involves building fully custom websites leveraging WordPress.
Vermilion is not a software development agency, it’s a forward-thinking design agency looking for resourceful web developers to build new projects for clients, create enhancements for existing websites, and troubleshoot issues with older client websites.
- Develop and extend custom WordPress sites and other custom website builds
- Create integrations with third party services and CRMs
- Manage functional specifications for website projects
- Maintain completed websites and provide support to ongoing client partners
- Champion the development point of view in meetings and reviews
- Collaborate closely with the design and UX teams and manage technical communications with account managers and clients
- Create new moments to introduce creative technology and interactivity throughout the website process
What We’d Like To See:
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects at a time
- Be a strong communicator with team members and clients
- Be excited to partner with creatives to build remarkable solutions for our clients
- Be ready to jump in and problem-solve solutions as they arise
- Strong background in the LAMP stack. Our team primarily works in WordPress, so if you’re interested in working primarily with Drupal, Rails, etc., this is not the position for you.
- Knowledge and experience in user experience best practices. You need to be skilled at recommending improvements to designers. And at times, you’ll need to articulate your rationale to clients.
Required development skills:
- 3+ years of full stack website development experience
- Experience working with creative agencies
- PHP or similar object oriented programming language
- CSS (using SASS)
- Unix Server Administration
- Responsive design
- Git workflow
Nice to have:
- Server administration knowledge
- Command line tooling (such as webpack)
- Bedrock & Sage experience, by Roots.io
- Experience with e-commerce
What To Share
Share your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your passion for technology and why you’re interested in joining the Vermilion team.
This is a project based and/or hourly contract only position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Independent Contractors will not be treated as employees with respect to the services performed for federal or state tax or local purposes, are not covered under Vermilion’s Workers Compensation insurance, and are not eligible for benefits. All independent contractors are required to sign an independent contractor agreement.
Please, no recruiters.